Chileno Valley Hopper
Feb. 11 Option #1 Chileno Valley Classic (road) - 80 miles, 6,384 ft Option #2 Coleman Valley-Tomales 53 mi. 4,947 ft.
All the best roads West and South of Occidental; Coleman Valley, Dillon Beach, Marshall, Chileno Valley, Joy. What more “Joy” could you ask for? No dirt but still an adventure!
New this year: Option #2: A challenging but slightly less epic loop. “Coleman Valley-Tomales” Loop. Both routes start up Coleman Valley to the coast and finish up Joy.
At the top of the Wilson Hill at mile 50 there will be a food and hydration stop. You can fill up with Hammer Nutrition hydration and nutrition or water. We will also have HealthWarriorChia Bars. If you want, you may leave your personal bottles and food (clearly labeled with your name) at the BiciSport tent at the start , we’ll have them set out for you to grab. (This service will be provided only at the 50 mile feed zone) No hand-ups! There will be a second feed at mile 68.5. You can top off your bottles and grab a quick snack to help you up Joy Rd to the finish. For riders of the Coleman-Tomales loop your feed will be at mile 32 at the top of the Franklin School Rd climb and mile 46 at the top of Middle Rd.
Grasshoppers have always been about adventure, exploration and pushing your limits. These are timed rides and not races. All Hopper routes are open and riders must obey all traffic laws and rules. See RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
7:30 Registration/sign in open Occidental Community Center
9:30 Staging (please don’t line up earlier and block traffic
1:00-Finish on Joy Rd. just past Bitner. ABSOLUTELY NO PARKING at the finish. Fans and family need to ride from Occidental.
- A crazy hard, super fun adventure with 300 of your closest cycling buddies!
- Two Hammer Nutrition hydration and nutrition feed zones. Plus HealthWarrior Chia Bars
- Awesome prizes at the finish from our generous sponsors
- Event timing
- Registration Packet : Guayaki Organic Energy, Hammer Nutrition Products, Custom Hopper Route Card and 2017 Grasshopper Sticker
- Emergency Medical Support en route
- Cold Guayaki, malted beverages, snacks at finish
- Unforgettable stories of adventure!