Lake Sonoma MTB
March 18th Lake Sonoma MTB - 25miles, 3,900 ft.
It’s back! Lake Sonoma single track… Rides like this are what made us fall in love with mountain biking; long, flowing, challenging single loops deep in the woods. The lake is low enough that the course is open. Expect some mud but overall it’s in great shape. Remember, no short cuts home. It’s not possible to complete the entire Grasshopper Adventure Series without a solid MTB ride. This loop is a 20 mile plus flow trail (but you have to pedal!). The climbs are short and punchy and the descents ripping and dare I say…”yummy”? We will have awards and categories this year based on age, not ability. This is single lap race with no turn around point. It is a rugged, remote loop. Not recommended for beginner riders. The ride begins at the dam and heads up RockPile to Skaggs before entering the loop on the south side and riding in a clockwise direction. Finish will be at No Name Flat **This will be a chance to preview the south side of the lake trail that we will ride on Skaggs Gravel Adventure on April 8th.
There will be Hammer Nutrition hydration at mile 13.5 You can stop to fill up or if you leave your own bottles (clearly labeled with you name) at the BreakAwayBikes tent at the start , we’ll have them set out for you to grab. We’ll have Hammer Nutrition, and HealthWarrior Chia Bars along with some cold Guayaki to get you home. (Maybe a cold beer too?)
There will be categories and awards for Lake Sonoma Grasshopper (No license required)
Registration opens: 7:30
Rider meeting: 9:45
- A crazy hard, super fun adventure with 200 of your closest cycling buddies!
- Two Hammer Nutrition hydration and feed zones. Plus other goodies
- Awesome prizes at the finish from our generous sponsors
- Event timing
- Registration Packet : Guayaki Organic Energy, Health Warrior Chia Bars, Custom Hopper Route Card and 2016 Grasshopper Sticker
- Top 3 male/female will win custom Grasshopper- CamelBak bottles
- Custom awards top 3 each age group by DownHill Betty
- Emergency Medical Support en route
- Cold Guayaki, snacks at finish
- Beer provided by Woodfour Brewing Company
- Unforgettable stories of adventure!
- BBQ lunch by Chef Correa of El Molino Culinary Dept.